The Cooleaf Business Development Representative (BDR) will have responsibility for building a healthy sales pipeline of net new sales opportunities. Working with the leadership team, Cooleaf’s BDR will proactively reach out to targeted prospects to engage them in an initial conversation about their requirements around recognition, engagement, and culture in a world of increasingly remote teams.
As opportunities are identified and pass initial qualification by the BDR, they will then be passed to the Sales Team for further qualification before acceptance as a Sales Qualified Lead. Over time it is expected that the BDR will grow with the role, expanding responsibilities to include taking smaller sales opportunities from initial conversation to sales close.
- Meet and exceed monthly targets for calls made, and initial discovery calls completed.
- Work with Cooleaf leadership to develop a plan to target the best personas and industries dependent on the current Cooleaf marketing and sales strategies.
- Develop an excellent understanding of the Cooleaf platform with a focus on strategic differentiation to be able to share a compelling story.
- Identify key executives, engage them in strategic conversations and qualify potential sales opportunities.
- Continually assess and incorporate new prospecting, cold calling and email strategies into Cooleaf BDR campaigns.
- Develop a working knowledge of top Cooleaf competitors and alternatives in the marketplace.
- Daily use of software: document all accounts and customers with contact information and demographics, add all potential sales into opportunities. ---Always ensure an accurate running total of completed initial Discovery calls.
- Professional sales growth: Actively participate in the quarterly and weekly meetings, be an expert on all BDR related goals, objectives and strategies.
To Succeed in this Role:
- This is a quota carrying position. We will need you to achieve 30 qualified Discovery Meetings per month based on your outreach efforts to prospects. We will provide you with 60 days to ramp (no quota). We will revisit the goal regularly to make sure it is fair.
- 3-10 years of sales/business development experience.
- Proactive approach to sales opportunity development. Consistent approach day in and day out (pleasantly persistent).
- Excellent team player.
- Sales skills: excellent email writing and verbal telephony skills, prospecting, qualification, verbal presentation, and closing skills required.
- Experience working with a variety of CRM and Sales Campaign tools. Comfortable working with Copper CRM and Sales Campaign tool PersistIQ
- Extensive experience working with LinkedIn and LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify key sales leads.
- Demonstrated history of taking sales opportunities from initial conversation to close.
- BDR team leadership experience would be an asset.
- Meet or exceed revenue and/or activity quota through a Challenger Sales approach.
- High energy, self-motivated and persistent.
- Goal oriented.
- Superior attention to detail (Please demonstrate this attention to detail by using the phrase ‘Cooleaf BDR' in your submission to us)
- Excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills required.
Cooleaf’s purpose is to maximize engagement in behaviors that can drive positive outcomes for individuals and teams. We empower SMB to enterprise customers with an award-winning, AI-enabled technology platform that gives people leaders the ability to:
- Recognize and reward team members for their accomplishments
- Tie small incentives to actions on thousands of SaaS platforms
- Engage their teams in challenges and immersive virtual experiences focused on business goals, fitness, community giving, innovation, and much more
- Leverage our deep analytics and insights to transform their behavioral engagement efforts from gut-driven to data-powered
Cooleaf is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.